Preparation of Theses and Dissertations
Forms for Theses and Dissertations
For Faculty and Staff only
The following are the deadlines through Spring 2015:
Spring 2014: April 25, 2014
Summer 2014: August 12, 2014
Fall 2014: December 5, 2014
Spring 2015: April 24, 2015
Guide to the Preparation of Theses and Dissertations
All theses/dissertations must be reviewed by the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies prior to the final copy being submitted. Call (502)852-6495 or email to set up an appointment to have your thesis/dissertation reviewed.
Submission of Thesis or Dissertation
The following steps must be taken to submit the final copy of your Thesis or Dissertation electronically:
- Document must be converted to a PDF document.
- Complete the Electronic Thesis or Dissertation Submission form. The form can be found on the following web-site: Electronic Thesis or Dissertation Submission Form
- The signature page within the electronic version must have the names of your committee members typed under the signature line; the signatures cannot be scanned into the document.
- Submit a signed signature page on white paper, with original signatures, to the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies, attention Courtney Kerr.
- Submit the completed form (Nonexclusive License form - pdf). This form was provided after the review from the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies.
Thesis or Dissertation Bindery Options
The HF Group
1010 North Sycamore Street
North Manchester, IN 46962
Phone: (800) 334-3628
655 Driving Park Avenue
Rochester, NY 14613 Phone:
Phone: (585) 647-8919 Ext. 216
Roullet Bookbinders, Inc.
2800 Monticello Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23504
Phone: (757) 623-4244
- Please note: This information is provided for the convenience of students; the University of Louisville does not endorse or recommend any of the businesses listed above. Students are free to choose binderies which are not included in the list.
- If students plan to bind their Thesis or Dissertation, it is recommended to print the signature page on 25% cotton paper (white).
Copyrights and Use of Copyrighted Material
This site is a major resource for copyright information. It includes the key publications of the copyright office, including informational circulars; application forms for copyright registration; links to the copyright law and to the home pages of other copyright-related organizations; the latest copyright regulations; a link to online copyright records cataloged since 1978.
Maintained by Indiana University, the Copyright Management Center provides access to a wide variety of resources about copyright in general and its importance to higher education.